Thursday, April 20, 2006

They multiply, like rabbits

OK, so I did a bad thing. I will probably pay for this.

Different topic now. It looks like my personal arsenal is going to grow yet again. Someone who was introduced to my by a close friend, Dave Tuttle, has been wanting to sell me an AR-15 rifle. At first, I was told it was a Colt, but recently I found out it was a Bushmaster carbine. I have handled it and I am interested, but not to the point of forking over the asking price all at once and putting a bite in the budget or putting it on credit. I agreed to purchase, just with the ability to set aside a little here and a little there until I got the asking price money collected. That was agreed to.

Well, it seems that the man who is selling is in a crunch financially. Someone got access to his checking account and stole a few thousand dollars, wiping him out. He is now having to deal with identity theft ramifications, his bank, and now his mortgage, car payment, etc. I got a phone call from my friend, Dave that now would be a good time to buy and help him out.

I was not prepared to be able to fork over cash at this time, but I am arranging to lay my hands on some. It is not my preferred method, but he needs to pay his mortgage. I comprehend, and I am willing to assist.

When we talked today, I told him that I was able to scrape together about $75 less than he was originally asking if he needed immediate cash. He is trying to unload a lot of guns in order to make the payments. Well, he needs cash and wasn't willing to come down on price. I almost said, "Well, it sucks to be you. Good luck with the bills." Not wanting to offend, I agreed to work with him on it. Looks like I own a "Bushy".

I am going to have to stop helping out people with their bills soon and just concentrate on my own.

No comments: