Monday, August 14, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

For a while now, I have known that I would be working a lot more than I had all summer long. This past week it has been hectic. Occasionally, I have had 12 to 20 hour work days. Today was a long one, but not as long as others. I worked all weekend, as well. I am trying to rest a bit right now while listening to my new iPod.

I really had planned on maybe mowing the lawn today. I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow night at the earliest.

After finally finishing up at work this evening, we went out and bought our new vehicle. Well, at least new to us. We made an "executive decision". I elected to not incur another car payment and just buy what was in our budget from the insurance settlement. We found several vehicles that appealed to us. We looked as SUVs, pick ups, and mini-vans. I am going to miss not having a pick up truck. We bought a Ford Explorer XLT 4X4. It was immaculately kept. It is obvious that the previous owner took good care of his vehicle. The interior is spotless. He had floor mats everywhere. The fluids were all clean, the underbody clean, the engine clean, and the body in excellent condition. It has a lot of creature comforts that we like, so we decided to get it.

I am a bit wiped out from late nights and long work days. I am going to try to get to bed a bit earlier than usual tonight.

Work is about to get busier and will take a lot of long days soon. I need all the rest I can get.

No comments: