Thursday, August 31, 2006

Feedback on today's column

As included in each column and on this page, I offer an email address as well as a telephone voice mail line for reader feedback. Here is one message I got today about today's column.

Audio file of message

I tried embedding the audio file in the web page. It worked great on Internet Explorer. Firefox wouldn't do the embed without a plug in that I already have but it won't properly recognize. Opera would play the file without requiring you to first click on a file control tab. So when the page was loaded, it automatically played. This was not good on the column blog, since I have two audio files there. I made sure that the embed was set to "false" for autoplay, but it still played in Opera anyway. As a result, I am just leaving it as a simple link to an audio file you can either open or download.

No comments: