Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A concert and a fund raiser

One of our favorite local restaurants will be having an outdoor concert this Saturday. They usually play beach music there, as will be the case this Saturday. I am not a huge fan of beach music. I remember when I first heard the term "beach music", I was thinking about The Safaris, The Beach Boys, and Annette Funicello movies. Beach music seems more like slow Motown to me. That is OK, though. To each his own. I am actually fairly eclectic in some of my musical tastes. I can listen to anything from Broadway to classical to heavy metal. But back to the topic at hand.

Legend's Tap and Grill is a Selma restaurant that my wife and I frequent. We ate dinner there just this evening. I saw a sign on the door that they will have a concert on Saturday and will be taking donations for Hurricane Katrina victims. I will probably make it out there, myself. The concert starts at 7PM with free hotdogs. There was no event listed on their web site. This will be a good opportunity to meet you and for all of you to meet me.

The only caveat that I can think of is that I am on call for my employer this coming weekend. Nothing wrecks plans like a four hour one way trip to Myrtle Beach to fix a dead computer or shuffling off to Roxboro, near the Virginia border. If all is well at work, I will try to go to the concert and participate in the fund raiser.

No comments: