Monday, September 26, 2005

Political corruption

I have a strong distaste for political corruption. I do not have a problem with groups helping candidates of their liking getting elected nor with campaign donations in general. That is freedom. I am for freedom of doing what you want with your money and influence. What I have a problem with is corruption when one is in office.

This morning, I saw an article on the "13 'Most Corrupt' in Congress". Yes, another national level article. However, if it can happen at the national level, it can happen at the local level. AND IT DOES. I have seen it with my own eyes.

The surprising thing about the list in the article is not that there are a lot of Republicans on the list. The surprising thing about the list is that the people who are not on the list. I expected certain Congressmen to be on the list, but they were not included. I found that interesting. Hey, we even have one Representative from North Carolina on the list.

No comments: