Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A moment to say thanks

I know that this is a blog about my town council race and a forum for news and opinion. However, I did want to take a moment to give thanks (and a plug)to a good friend of mine who has been helping me behind the scenes on the campaign. My good friend, Dave Tuttle has volunteered to assist me in the manufacturing of some signs for my pick up truck and my front yard. I also will have one more 4 foot by 4 foot wood sign to place later. Dave is also going to lend me his tent and table for my booth at Railroad Days.

Dave volunteered to go with me to puchase the materials, build the signage, paint, and professionally letter the signs for me. He has also taken some time to help with taking some campaign flyers to pass out. He lives in northern Johnston County, not even in Selma. However, he has been a big help to me. Dave has been a close friend of mine for over a dozen years. Thanks, Dave.

Now for the plugs...if you need someone to make a sign for you, call Dave and tell him that I referred you. Dave runs the clothes closet and food bank at his church, Patetown Church of God. That clothing bank is VERY active in the community and serves folks from other counties, as well. They have helped students with school supplies, families that have been burned out of their homes, and with relocated Hurricane Katrina victims. I have had the benefit of being able to refer many people to him that have been able to receive assistance. If you are in need, know someone who is, or would like to donate clothes, school supplies, or food items, then contact Dave. His contact information is on his web site.

Also, Dave is an agent for the NASE (see his web site) for an inexpensive family health plan and for more information.

No comments: