Friday, September 30, 2005

Forced annexation

There are some instances where annexation into a town is justified and appropriate. I just read about several properties that were annexed into a town where they were not part of the town, but the city limits surrounded that piece of property. Those properties were also enjoying the benefits of city services. I have been searching for a news story that I heard on TV or the radio about this situation, but can't find it.

People in Fayetteville, however, are getting hosed and are on the "opposite end of the spectrum", so to speak. Here is some commentary on the topic.

I don't want to see Selma ever treat potential citizens so poorly. That is one reason that I am running for Town Council. That is why I want to get involved in my community.

No comments: