Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A few days of old acquaintance be no forgot

I have been out of town for two days and it has been great to meet and hear from old friends. I got to spend a few hours with someone who was not really a friend before, but after he got "born again", he was able to converse and relate to me much better. We have since developed a bit of a relationship over time and have been able to have some good conversation. I got to get together with him on my trip to Charlotte Tuesday night. It was good to see my brother and spend time talking.

On the way home, I got a phone call from another old acquaintance. A man whom I met through a mutual friend (at the time) called me "out of the blue" last night. I have always liked this guy and we started a friendship but it got cut short when I had a falling out with our mutual friend. That falling out was a good thing, in retrospect, and I am thankful for that. That was about four years ago. I am thankful to have heard from this man and perhaps can renew a relationship.

No comments: