Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The latest musings

Hopefully, you have heard my ads on the radio on WMPM. I caught two of them yesterday afternoon. The only other political ad I heard the entire afternoon was from Tom Bell, running for town council in Smithfield.

We are about out of election flyers. Time to have more printed tonight. We have handed out about two thousand flyers so far. One ream of paper yields a thousand flyers. We are about to print our third ream.

I spend between and hour and ninety minutes talking with Joe Price, the head of the Selma Water Department and Fire Chief. We had a nice talk. I got to know more about where he is coming from with the fire department operations, his needs from the town on as far as water and sewer, as well as the fire side of things. We discussed personnel needs, equipment needs and plans, and infrastructure planning/replacement needs.

Hopefully, we can maintain a good working relationship after the election. That is my hope for all departments, really.

No comments: