Monday, November 21, 2005

I know that I haven't written here since Thursday

I have been fairly busy with several things the past week. I am "on vacation" from work, although I was on call over the weekend.

On Saturday, I went to the state convention for The Constitution Party of North Carolina. I do believe that I am going to step up to the plate and get more involved. The party is in need of a party chairman, maybe even a regional director. The one thing that I will say about the men I met at this meeting is that they don't "play games" like others I have run across. They are a small group, but have their heads clear politically. I hate politics within the party. At least there seemed to be no guile amongst the men at this meeting.

The other thing I like about the party is that it is comprised of men and women of principle. I am very tired of the existing "two party system". Even if The Constitution Party is small, I am still determined to have principle over the compromise and sleaze I have seen in the other mainstream parties. I will work towards getting the party known in this area.

The ballot access laws in North Carolina are harder than anywhere in America. This is another hinderance to the election process here for The Constitution Party. Speaking of which, I will copy and paste a letter I sent to members of the NC Senate. I already got a reply from one senator's office acknowledging the communication. I will also write letters to the editor of some newspapers urging that others do the same.

---------------

I am writing to request that as a Senate Judiciary 1 Committee member,
that you act to have NC House Bill 88 (Electoral Fairness Act) be sent
back to the Senate for a vote, and push for its passage. Though the
whole requirement of signatures to gain ballot access is unconstitutional
and biased against independent parties, this bill moves towards
rectifying the issue.

Obtaining an inordinate number of signatures of support merely to be
offered a choice on a ballot is unethical. Remember that in 1850, the
Republican Party was a small, unknown political third party on the
American political landscape. Had they the same measure of difficulty as
independent political parties with ballot access, would Abraham Lincoln
ever have been elected?

As an American, I feel that it is important that all views and
political parties be represented on our state's ballot, not just the dominant
main stream parties. With the passage of this bill, we can move closer
to the original intent of our founding fathers regarding elections.
They had stated many times that the downfall of this country would be the
establishment of a two party system.

I look forward to your positive response in seeing this action taken,
and your continued support by voting yes on NC House Bill 88.

Thank you.

No comments: