Saturday, September 30, 2006

Same old heathen, different day

1Corinthians 6:11 "And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." I try to remember this when dealing with worldly people. I WAS as the list that preceeds that one verse. Look it up to see what I mean. Thankfully, I "were" but now "are".

There is one abject heathen that is a borderline stalker on a forum I frequent. He is an ardent evolutionist and atheist. I am about the ONLY one on that forum who has the guts to stand against stuff he writes. I occasionally get reprimanded for being bold enough to lay it on the line.

This man is a self styled evolution expert and belittles anyone who believes differently. Then he is arrogant enough to deny his belittling and pettiness. He private messages me, cusses at me, and accuses me of being the very thing that he is, only from the opposing point of view. Of course I am wrong and he is correct. He is often wrong in his characterization of what Christianity is and is not. And yet he accuses me of being judgemental while judging me. I let him know the hypocrisy of his position, but it doesn't matter. He is only going to see his carnal point of view.

1Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." Basically that means that anything I stand for based upon spiritual principles are going to be foreign to him. He therefore mocks me. Hey, Matthew 5:10-12 is still true. "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

The fact is that he has no idea about spiritual things. He can't understand them. When I stand up for what is just, I get persecuted. It's small potatoes compared to what some really go through for their faith.

The last skirmish came about as a result of a discussion that someone started about Jesus vs. Allah. He mocked religious beliefs. The funny thing is that atheism is a religious belief, though he refuses to admit that. The theory of evolution is a religious belief, not necessarily scientific. It requires faith, which he admits. But then anyone who has faith in what he believes is contrarian philosophy or view of scientific evidence is a moron. I called him on the hypocrisy of his mockery, but I was and continue to be characterized as having no "Christian charity" in his words. It is fine if he makes personal attacks, belittling statements, is condescending, or stands up for his beliefs. Let a man who knows the Godly perspective comment, and he is branded as a fool. Psalm 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."

The discussion was about Islam versus Christianity. This evildoer used the forum to bash religious beliefs and mock participants. Oddly enough, I stuck with the topic at hand. I have a rudimentary understanding of the Koran and know where to find all the research materials I need. This individual stuck his nose in a discussion about which he knows little if anything, hijacked the discussion, and blames me. He of course took the opportunity to private message me and tell me how again, he believes that I exhibit no "Christian charity", as if he would actually know what it is.

I replied to his rant with the following:

"And I am sure that all of your assessments are also based upon your extensive years of study and relationship with the foundations of Christianity.

The wonderful thing about Chrstianity is that it is not defined by those from without such as yourself. YOU do not set the standard by which I am judged or what the beliefs are or are not.

Since you are not an adherent and are not familiar with the precepts, you are not qualified to judge what is charitable or not. To use a professional example, someone who just surfs the internet is in no way qualified to be able to set up, maintain, or specify corporate network security. By the same token, since you are not a Christian, do not pretend to be one, and obviously are not familiar with its precepts, you are not able to pass a credible nor accurate judgement. Talk to me about it again after you have spent fifteen years studying and walking it.

I once believed much as you do about a lot of things, including religion, science, and the like. Fortunately, I was not so close minded to arrogantly assume that I know more than God.

That is what amazes me about those who would judge what is "Christian charity". Nowhere in the Bible are men called to be pansies, tolerant of sin, or act as doormats. Because a man has the gonads to stand up for truth, you are willing to be his judge and condemn him. You may not consider it to be truth, but then again, you don't have the final say as to what is and is not truth. I don't either. I just, to use your term, "by faith" accept that it is truth. Whether you choose to dismiss evidentiary support is to your own damnation. Hey, your choice.

I have to chuckle at the "be nicer than Jesus" crowd. Often they cry about how people need to have "Christian charity" and follow the teachings of Christ. These same people then ignore the other half of the teachings of Christ, his declarations of sin, his criticisms, his naming names, etc. He called men snakes, whitewashed tombs, and hypocrites. He called women dogs. But oh, no, we have to be nicer than Jesus.

The Apostle Paul, who wrote the majority of the New Testament had the balls to call out sin, condemn it, name names of false teachers and prophets in public, and admonish his own followers as well as the heathen. Oh, but we must be nicer than Jesus or Paul. People like you would have accused Jesus and Paul of not being "Christian".

Why not just take the red pill and find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes?"

--------------

I realize that I was strong in my response. If you knew the history and saw his messages online and the private messages, you would understand why I am not taking his garbage. A soft answer may turn away wrath, but I am not concerned about his wrath in the least bit.

I know that I will get a condescending, know-it-all reply, as usual. Of course it will be void of understanding about anything I just wrote. He will judge according to what is right in his own eyes, not according to what the author and finisher of my faith has to say. There is a standard laid out for me to follow, and thankfully it is not that of some liberal, godless, middle aged man in California.

Proverbs 21:2 "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." This is why the Lord will judge my heart and not what natural man has to say. Proverbs 12:15 "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise." If I shall ignore the counsel of the Lord and take that of the worldly man, I am not worthy of His kingdom.

Revelations 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Being fearful of what this heathen would have to say about me is equally as bad as his unbelief.

----------------

UPDATE: I was more than right about his response. He was again belittling, critical, extremely hypocritical, and even name calling. He went on to tell me how Christians in his family could kick my butt, as if this was a school yard.

----------------

Another update: This liar continues to insult, make accusations, fails to acknowledge any truth in anything I have written, and continues the name calling. I have been just referred to as "a barely-tolerated piece of crap". Oooh, now that is mature. He also just told an obvious lie about a past interaction we had. He has totally rewritten the facts and then calls me "blatantly self-serving and dishonest" for calling him on it. Should I expect anything but that from a child of "the father of all lies"?

----------------

Yet another update:He continues to fib about things, but at least he is settling down in his rhetoric. He is still doing the typical liberal thing and rewriting history, though.

No comments: