Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm a Crown Vic man

Opinion ONLY: I prefer Crown Victorias over Impalas. I drove Chevy, Ford, and Jeep products when I worked for a law enforcement agency. I have owned Crown Vics and Chevy products. Much like NASCAR fans, I have my preferences. I like Crown Victoria over pretty much anything GM. Hey, at least they were a bit cheaper and get better mileage. I hope the new decal work was cost effective. Galls has some good priced packages. I have no idea where Selma gets theirs done.



Selma Police Unveil New Cruisers - Three new police cruisers are on the streets of Selma . Police Chief Charles Bowen said the department purchased smaller Chevy Impala’s this year instead of the larger Ford Crown Victoria ’s. Bowen said the cars offer better fuel mileage and cost about $3,000 less. Reliability was not compromised, Bowen said. Each car cost about $17,500 and was paid for with funds in the 2005-06 Selma budget. They replace three high mileage patrol cars. “To me, these are the best looking police vehicles we’ve had,” Chief Bowen said.

No comments: