Friday, July 21, 2006

Neighboring house finally for sale

The house next door is FINALLY up for sale. When we first moved in, there was an Hispanic couple living there. There was always a Volvo with a Columbia University sticker and New Jersey license plates there. After a while, we only saw a Latina there with a little yard monkey that couldn't be more than three years old. By the way, I use the term yard monkey as a humorous way of referring to a toddler or young child...nothing more than that.

After a while, we saw the Latina loading up her vehicle with food stuffs and other kitchen items. They put a food refrigerator unit from a Mexican grocery store in the driveway. After a year or more, they removed the refrigeration units. The grass has grown up to over knee high on many occasions.

Recently, there were a few people doing yard work there several days in a row. Yesterday, a "FOR SALE" sign went up in the yard. WONDERFUL! I am glad to see it. I hope the house sells soon and to some good neighbors. My prayer is that we will have some neighbors that we can become friends with.

I have always thought that it was a nice house. It is a great location, too. A half acre lot and a front porch appeal to me. Apparently, the house is larger than I thought. It is over 3100 square feet and has four bedrooms. Wow. The asking price is $250,000. After the house sells, this link will no longer work, but it will at least take you to the web site of a friend of mine.

I did some calculations on a mortgage on that house. With 20% down, expect a mortgage of about $1500 a month. Lower the down payment to just 5% and the monthly goes up to over $1800. That is more house than I can currently afford, but I do like the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought I was moving in there for a second, bro. But too rich for my blood, too!
"Won't you please
Won't you please,
Please, won't you be my neighbor"