Monday, March 05, 2007

One great thing about getting older

As time goes by and the music I used to listen to gets older, the better and more classic songs get put on to "greatest hits" albums....er...CDs. One greatest hits compilation I bought recently is one that I had in the late 80's. Journey's greatest hits CD used to be in my collection before I sold off my entire cassette and CD collection in the early 90's.

At the time, I was young and poor. I had also just come to Jesus and was very tender in the faith. I could not handle listening to secular music as a babe in Christ. I boxed up all of my secular music collection, which was just about everything, and sold them to a used record store. I only got about $150 for everything, but I needed the cash. 15 plus years later, I have found myself buying a lot of those same CDs or compilations containing many of the same songs.

This morning, it was Journey on the way into work. Music from the 80's was a lot more fun than the rock or hit music in the 90's and the 2000's. There is still some good stuff I run across from time to time, but much of it is dark in its sound.

I have not listened to contemporary Christian music for years, either. Ever since I stopped working in Christian radio, I have not listened to much at all. The stuff I have heard has not impressed me.

Anyway, the conference call I am in is almost over and I need to get back to work...as soon as people stop talking and hang up.

No comments: