Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I hope all is well with Jeff White

The following news story was forwarded to me last night. I have been trying to keep in contact with former town manager, Jeff White, since he was forced out of his job in Selma. I hope all is well.

Jeff, if you are reading this, I tried to leave you a voice mail at the only number I was able to dig up for you. I only had your work email. Feel free to contact me any time.
City manager for Bessemer City resigns

By Stephanie Toone
July 10, 2007 - 7:35PM
BESSEMER CITY — Bessemer City will temporarily be without a city manager.

Following Monday night's council meeting, Jeff White announced his resignation from the position as city manager.

The city hired White as city manager in June 2006. When reached by phone Tuesday, he declined to say why he resigned.

White, a native of Mocksville, managed the cities of Newport and Selma before being hired as Bessemer City's manager last year.

He had high hopes of seeing growth in industry and commerce in the city.

"We just need to make sure we're not forgotten in Gaston County," White said in an interview last year. "We need to make enough noise to let people know Bessemer City is here on the west end."

Mayor Alan Farris said he and the council plan on meeting within the next week to determine who will hold the interim city manager position.

"We certainly wish him well in doing anything he will do in the future," Farris said.

Farris would not comment on why White was leaving the city.

No comments: