Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Liberal cowardice

As you may know, I have the internet talk show, Straight Shooting. I often have guests from different views and on different topics. I have invited a good many groups, some liberal, some conservative to be on the show. Typically, liberals are whining cowards that run away from free and open discussion. Today, I got an email doing just that. Here are the details. I will start with the invitation, the reply, and my final reply.

----- Original Message -----
From: Troy LaPlante
To: websafenc@intrex.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:27 PM
Subject: Invitation to be on my talk show


I am writing to invite a representative from your group to be on my internet talk show, "Straight Shooting", found online at www.blogtalkradio.com/troylaplante. I have had several shows on gun control and I would love to give the other side of the issue. I am also a frequent blogger and a columnist for a local newspaper.

Typically, I try to do my show on Saturday nights at 6 PM eastern. I have a toll free guest line. Shows typically run one hour each. I can be flexible with days and can schedule up to one show per day, one hour per show.

If you would be interested in discussing your organization and cause, feel free to contact me. I can be reached via this email address or at telephone 919-xxx-xxxx.

My blog is www.troylaplante

Thank you for your consideration.

Troy LaPlante
host, Straight Shooting

----- Original Message -----
From: NCGV
To: tlaplante@nc.rr.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: Internet talk show


Mr. LaPlante:
Thank you for the invitation, but we are unable to participate in your internet talk show.
Lisa Price
Lisa Price, Executive Director
North Carolinians Against Gun Violence Education Fund, Durham, NC

----- Original Message -----
From: Troy LaPlante
To: NCGV
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: Internet talk show


I doubt highly that it is a matter of inability, but rather lack of courage to be on any one's show that has a different point of view. That demonstrates to me the typical liberal cowardice that dominates anti-gun groups and leftist agendas. I was going to give you an entire hour to express your perspective and reasons for desiring gun control without necessarily debating the topic, as expressed in the invitation. I have given the opposing side two hours of time and wanted to give the other side. As is typical, you are the second gun control advocate to decline an invitation and opportunity to get free publicity and get your message out to the public. It is sad that your group does not have the ability (more like courage) to sufficiently articulate your perspective. People who are on the wrong side of an issue rarely do.

Troy LaPlante

No comments: