Friday, May 26, 2006

Babies and X-Men

What is it with babies when they are around me? Every time I go to a restaurant and there is a baby anywhere nearby, I will get stared at by the baby. Then, when I see the child and we make eye contact, the baby will smile at me. I smile back and the next thing I know, we are both laughing, smiling, and looking at each other on and off for the rest of the meal. Tonight was no exception. Am I funny looking to a child? Safe or familiar looking? Do I look friendly to an infant or pre-toddler? I don't know, but I often have fun and parents often seem to be glad that someone is amusing their baby for them.

We saw the new X-Men movie today. It is certainly worth seeing. Today was opening day at the theater. We caught an earlier show so there weren't many people in the theater. There were some plot surprises and a lot of action. If I say much more, I will give away some plot details, so I will refrain.

No comments: