Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This past weekend and speeches

I took a few days off from work and went down to South Carolina on Saturday. I picked up my mother in Columbia at the airport. Then, we went down to Aiken, SC. My mom is spending a week with her friend, Nancy. I went to spend just Saturday through Monday morning. I had a great time making new friends.

I did not see the President's speech last night. I heard about it, though. It sounds like a start, but still not enough. Illegal immigration is one of my pet peaves, as those of you who read regularly already know.

I read about the problem with CNN airing the speech early. No other network did that, so it seems it may have been intentional. Who knows? CNN has a history of having a bias and having "gaffs" that were on purpose. What irritates me is that I work for the parent company and am a stock holder in TIme Warner. For those who did not see the footage, I found a link to it and am including it here so you don't have to go searching for it.

No comments: