Monday, May 01, 2006

"A Day Without Illegals...ah...immigrants"

Today, thousands of illegal aliens and their supporters are demonstrating in the streets, skipping work, refusing to spend money, and demand special treatment while denying that they are law breakers and leaches to this nation.

I have long stated that I have absolutely no problem with immigration. All of us are here because of it. The problem I have is with sneaking into this country, breaking the law, draining resources from our welfare, school, food stamp, hospital, and transportation systems. We give them special treatment in the form of bilingual police officers, DMV workers, manuals, documents, education, and the like. All of this for those who flaunt the laws of this nation, all the while crying that they are no "illegal", even though they broke the law the first time they put just one toe on American soil. It is not an immigration issue. These people are not immigrants, they are invaders, since that is the manner in which they have chosen to act.

If I see any businesses closed today in observance of the protests, I will make it a point to boycott them, just as they are boycotting the nation. I will take special note today and purposely drive by certain restaurants to see if they are closed today or remain open. My wife and I frequent a few Mexican restaurants. If they are closed today, we will just find different restaurants at which to dine.

I did see one possible solution on the internet to some of the illegal immigration. Have fun and click HERE.

No comments: