Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Some random thoughts

A good friend of mine just had surgery for skin cancer. The doctors cut out a bunch of flesh from her lip to below her chin. I hate that for her. I have been praying for her along with an email list full of people. I hate cancer. I hate the law of sin and death that we contend with in this corrupted world.

The primary election was yesterday. NO candidate that I voted for came in first place. Most of the judges I voted for came in second, which means that they will still be in the November election. Only ONE candidate that I supported for in the school board race finished in the top six. I did not vote for six candidates. I studied the information I could find on each candidate, spoke with one, and got return emails from three. I did vote for the first place finisher, as well, knowing that he was going to get the top place, anyway. Though not my top choice, I did cast one more vote in favor of Larry Strickland at the last moment and still did not fill out votes for all six allowed choices. I am not going to tell you how many of the candidates I did vote for, but as I did say, it was less than six all together.

At work, we have been testing some technologies that I am not supposed to talk about. It is "Super Secret, Secret Squirrel" sort of stuff. I have had to learn a new thought process and how to operate some of the equipment that I don't normally touch, since it is located in Charlotte. Thankfully, we do have a decent computer network so that I can perform functions remotely. This was a skill set of our work processes that I was lacking, and now I have picked up something new. I enjoy learning a few new things.

Thankfully, Thursday is payday. What a long two weeks this was!

No comments: