Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Election results in other towns

I am amazed at the results of election in area cities like Raleigh. First, I have no idea why their elections were yesterday and ours are on November 8th. Second, I am amazed that a tax and spend, bond issue loving, money wasting, TTA loving, highway 540 hating liberal like Charles Meeker could be re-elected. Just as Israel wanted a king and along came Saul, Raleigh is getting what they want. Wasting a billion dollars on light rail, stonewalling the progress of 540, and raising property taxes is not what the citizens of Raleigh need. I won't be so arrogant as Mr. Meeker as to the affairs of the citizenry and the best interests of the town.

I am glad that I left Raleigh to live in Johnston County right about now. I lived in Raleigh for years, but got tired of the high rent on the town house in which we were living. We eventually moved to a rental place in Smithfield until we could afford to purchase a house. We chose Selma for our hometown. Raleigh has a lot going for it, and had a lot of things we liked and needed that were convenient. The commute was shorter, shopping was easier, and restaurants were more abundant. However, we chose to move to this area from Wake County for a reason. Now, it is time to serve the community I call home.

No comments: