Saturday, October 08, 2005

Il pleut, il pleut

Ah, nothing like two days of a heavy rain for for the first two days of an outdoor furniture show. Since the East Coast Antique Show was going to go on as originally planned, I was hoping it would go well. However, I firmly believed that the town should have cut its losses, licked its wounds, shut down the show this year, and maybe focus on next year.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This week's issue of "The Selma News" had two write-ups on the show. One was an article on the events leading up to the event. The other was a lengthy letter to the editor. Personally, I feel for the promoters and come down on their side of things. They spent thousands of dollars and invested careers to work on this show and got little response. Then they received sharp local criticism for pulling out of the show. I live here. I know what they were going through from personal experience, since I have seen similar things happen with different events. I assess no blame for the show's promoters in this whole cluster (well, you know the rest).

No comments: