Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Selma News article

"The Selma News" now has its articles published on candidates for the upcoming Selma municipal election. I had filled out a questionnaire for the paper and faxed it to them. Unfortunately, the fax didn't come out well, so they called me and I was able to get them the original for their use. Three of the four Town Council candidates filled out their questionnaires and submitted them to the paper. Two out of the three candidates actually seem to grasp the needs of the town, in my opinion. Of course, I am one of them. I am very conservative in my approach, so in reading the article, you will be able to see who I else I am talking about and who I am not.

I have refrained from commentary on other candidates to date. I don't want to get into negative campaigning. I could do so easily. I have already thought of articles to write on this site, ads to write and publish, etc. However, I am seriously attempting to refrain from these tactics, as I believe them to be inappropriate. I understand them, but I don't like them.

I did learn more about Charles Hester, who is running for mayor. I did not know anything about his politics to date. Then I read today's issue of "The Selma News". There are some things I found interesting if not surprising. I had an idea of Harry Blackley's positions on things, having seen him at council meetings and talked to him briefly.

I do believe that I have made my choice for who to vote for in the mayoral race.

No comments: