Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Smithfield Herald and N&O efforts

I have been impressed so far with the efforts of "The News and Observer" and "The Smithfield Herald" in wanting to cover the local municipal elections. Reporters from both papers have been in touch with me, and the Herald reporter has taken the time to get to know me on a first name basis. The N&O, although a Raleigh paper, has taken the time to call me for opinion on a few stories, asked for a bio, and published my bio. I do wish that they would at least put the rest of the candidates on their web site, though.

I just got a call from Jordan Cooke of the Herald, as he said he was going to do. He wanted to set up a time to meet with all of the local candidates for a "round table" forum. Sure, I am game. Friday morning, I plan on being at the Herald offices, as we planned. Thanks, Jordan.

No comments: