Thursday, October 20, 2005

Two of Selma's fine officers

I was outside with my dog this morning, enjoying a cup of morning coffee while still in my slippers, old holey t-shirt, and shorts. While standing in my yard and watching my dog find a spot to "squeeze", the two officers came over to say hello.

We stood in my driveway for quite a while, asking questions, discussing their views on the town, getting to know their concerns for their department, the population, and their opinions on what could be improved. We also talked about recent drug busts, initiatives to improve drug interdiction, equipment needs, etc.

I got a good idea of the level of morale with at least these two officers. I have already talked to Chief Bowen a few times. I am happy with my interactions with our police department thus far.

I have already extended an invitation to talk to our fire chief, but have not heard a single peep from him yet. Considering that the fire service is my background, I am a bit surprised and disappointed at that. Chief Price, if you read this, please contact me. Let's get together and talk just as I have done with the police department.

No comments: